Tuesday 21 September 2010

It's a tough life in Zimbabwe

It’s rare to see donkeys back-packing here – though I always feel that the poor wretched women carrying huge bundles of firewood on their heads, or twenty litres of water, would have done well to borrow a donkey. Perhaps they’re just too dirt poor. I once tried carrying twenty kilo bags of animal feed on my head when unloading a lorry on the farm. Five minutes of that and you feel as if you’ve been using your head and neck as a pile driver to knock down doors.
What a life rural women have here – and what a service the poor humble donkey provides for the world’s poor.

1 comment:

Lorenda Casey said...

This is a very good post .Thanks for letting us know some good tips . I
like your many articles it will help not only me and also many newbie CSUF Information